Coronavirus – Precautions and Preventions
Corona viruses are a group of viruses causing diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, the viruses cause respiratory infection which are typically mild but in rare cases can be lethal. The name “coronavirus” is derived from the Latin corona and the Greek κορώνη (korṓnē, “garland, wreath”), meaning crown or halo. This refers to the characteristic appearance of virions (the infective form of the virus) by electron microscopy, which have a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image reminiscent of a royal crown or of the solar corona.
These viruses cause infection in nose, sinuses and upper throat. The most affected areas are Saudi Arabia, China , USA and the virus causing it is very potent and resistant to existing antibiotics.
There are different types of corona virus that cause a number of human diseases such as respiratory, gastrointestinal affections. The affection is usually mild. However, there are some coronavirus that cause severe diseases such as SARS-CoV (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus) that was first identified in China 2003 and the MERS-CoV (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus) that was first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012. Now this time it is identified in China and named it 2019N-CoV (2019 Novel Coronavirus).
Through infected people, cough and sneeze, touch of infected persons and by infected things.
- Symptoms like common cold
- Sudden occurrence especially in winters
- Affects upper respiratory system and lungs and in severe cases pneumonia
- A runny nose
- Sore throat
- Intense throat
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are infected
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink fluids. Drink 50-80 cc of warm water, 30-50 cc for kids, according to age.
- Use masks in open crowded places.
- Avoid fried or spicy food
- Take abundant Vitamin C
- Avoid self medication
- Don’t follow medical information forwarded through social media
Homoeopathic Therapeutics: Homoeopathic therapeutics work on the principles of individualization.Hence, there is no need to wait for development of new antiviral or antibiotic drugs; each case is taken as a fresh one. Some homoeopathic medicines are:
- Ars alb
- Ocimum sanctum
- Tinospora cordifolia
- Nux vom
At Dr. Aditi’s Homoeo Health, we deal with various viral infections with effective results. For best homoeopathic treatment, contact us at : Dr. Aditi’s Homoeo Health.